Hopefully this will help streamline the character creation process! You can also go here for some advice though I recommend creating characters in a different order. Almost everything needed to play is on the Pathfinder Reference Document
- First you’ll need to print off the character sheet .
- Then you’ll want to give the races a look through and decide which one you like the best. Remember you’ll be roleplaying this, so pick the one you think you’ll enjoy the most, not just which sounds ‘best’.
- NOTE: I am imposing a house rule penalty to the half-orc of -2 to intelligence, however if you choose you can use the +2 racial bonus to rectify this.
- Picked out your race? Time to choose a class! Don’t forget to pick out your skills and any spells your class entitles you to.
- NOW is the time to determine your ability scores. Go here and scroll down to the “Purchase Method” text block. We’ll be using the “high fantasy” point value.
- Now would be the perfect time to pick out your alignment
- Time to pick out your feats. You’ll only get 1 for your first level, but you may need to pick more depending on your race.
- We’re almost done with the boring part! Next up you’re going to want to figure out your starting wealth and from there purchase any weapons armor or gear. Just remember that you can only carry so much!
- All right! Now all that’s really necessary is fleshing out your character. If your character is a rogue, why are they a rogue? Why does your character have dungeoneering knowledge? Why is their charisma so low? Remember, this is your character, but it doesn’t have to be epic or cliche. They could just be your average barbarian trying to get their next meal, or Dwarven wizard trying to save the princess that they thought they’d found 5 castles back. It’s up to you!
- As a final part to make the game a bit easier, Spellcasters please try to read/skim the Magic section, and Everyone please skim through or read the Combat page.